“The purpose of SMCA is to provide unique professional, educational, technical and consultive services to both the membership and the community at large. We endeavor to provide the best consultive services possible in the construction, environmental, building maintenance, architectural engineering design, hospitality training and general service industries. We will serve as the advocacy agency for minority contractors and subcontractors in the suburban community.”
The Suburban Minority Contractors Association (SMCA) is a non-profit professional trade association of minority-owned and operated businesses (MBE/WBE) located in the Chicagoland suburban communities. SMCA seeks to enhance the global position of its members through information technology, accessing capital and marketing each member’s niche expertise.
Our association exists to:
- Identify procurement opportunities for suburban minority contractors and service providers.
- Provide members with access to architectural drawings and specifications for public and private projects.
- Offer educational, technical, and consultative assistance to the membership. Insurance, bonding, estimating, financing, and contract administration are simply a few of the services available.
- Development of manpower-employee training – placement services for unemployment/underemployment minority and female suburban residents.
- Assist with preparation of documents for MBE/WBE certification by various agencies.
- Provide venues and platforms, which enhance the development of MBEs/WBEs and emerging entrepreneurs in all market sectors.
- Foster exchange of information between both majority and minority business enterprises globally.